RE: Converting Cat 5 to TV Coax and TV distribution amp advice needed

  • Subject: RE: Converting Cat 5 to TV Coax and TV distribution amp advice needed
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:32:39 -0000

In that case upgrade your distribution amplifier to one with decent
gain
(and make sure it is Magic Eye compatible if you need it) and make sure you
have the Sky box set to a clear RF channel that is not subject to any
interference. Sky over RF is quite ropey but works well enough for casual
viewing. After that you need to work on your cable terminations to make
sure
you are not losing too much signal.

Another option is to use an s-video/stereo audio over Cat5e balun to take a
better quality feed from your STB to the other TV (assuming it has s-vid
input), or go composite video instead. Both are going to be better than RF.

Neil B.