RE: Budget Home Theatre Recommendations?

I should think you should *very* easily satisfy your requirements well
within that budget...

AV amps with perfectly respectable/adequate specs are unbelievably cheap
these days... (not the one *I* want of course! - top range Denon jobbie,
=A31300-odd!)

How about either of these as examples:
http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh500/sony-strdh50=
0
- =A399
http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh510/sony-strdh51=
0
- =A3139

Freeview HD box:
http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/hdr-foxt2/hu=
a-fox-t2-hdr - =A3300

5.1 speaker package - very far from being the cheapest available:
http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx=
5
.1-blk - =A3200

That's the lot for not much more than =A3600 - and if you were to buy *all*
the components from the same supplier, I'll bet you can haggle for a
furthe=
reduction, or at the very least some freebies thrown in...

BAH! - I should never have gone off looking at the Richer Sounds website...
- it's now giving me ideas, and the London Bridge shop is just 5 mins walk
from where I am sitting right now.... ;-)

Paul G.