Re: Re: Apple TV - Video Formats

I must admit - I've been using handbreak with the 'normal' settings.
Dont notice any difference really! (maybe the file size of the convert is a
little bigger)

One thing I have noticed though, if you use HB to rip a disney movie - it
can sometimes pick the wrong 'title'. Disney seem to bung 99 titles on a
disk, which if you add the numbers up are way bigger than a dvd can hold!
If you use the mac DVD player program to navigate the menus and get to the
actial film, then you can see what 'title' should be ripped.

Other than that - HB gets a vote for me too! - its a pity it cant do
BlueRay!

Wayne.

wrote:
>>> I think I'm going to have to have a go at the Apple TV.  As I
have all these .ISO files, what is the 'best' fromat to convert these to to
assure best quality is retained and likely future-proof compatibility?
Reading around it looks like it may be H.264???

>>> Also, any recommendations for software to do the conversion
(PC based) would be gratefully received.  All the ripped DVDs are std
quality and not HD/Blueray, though I'll probably be going that way soon.

>> The Apple TV setting in Handbrake works well....
>>
>> http://handbrake.fr
>>
>> M.
>>

> Thanks Mark.
>
> I hadn't realised that Handbrake was available for Windows too so
downloaded a few days ago.

> I've done a test using Apple TV setting and it looks fine on the PC so
I am just bout to try out on the big TV to see how it works there.

> I need to be able to get 5.1 on the TV and I think the dual audio
settings with 5.1 pass-through should have done this so lets see...