Re: Domotiga

Simon, Kyle,

I've been running Misterhouse successfully for about 4 years, controlling
multi-zone heating - you might have read my article on the automated home
website http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Reviews/My-Automated-Home-Richard-Farthing-s-Green-Open-Source-House.html
.

Though I don't use 1-wire, lots of people do with mh, I think it's well
supported. The formal mh releases have dried up recently I think because
the original author, Bruce Winter isn't so active, but the misterhouse
users email list is active, as is the svn repository.

The code you need for heating control is called hvac_brian.pl in the
distribution, it supports multiple zones and child zones with common
control (for hot air systems with dampers etc). The zone control is generic
- you can control any supported mh item, so you're not limited to any
particular hardware, same for zone sensors. As explained in my article, I
use my own xPL based hardware which works well. The web interface is quite
simple (not glitzy) but you can configure your set points and I/O through
it. Timing is setup via mh "triggers".  You might need to modify
it to do your boiler control, though it does create a generic
"boiler" item which should get you going...

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@...> wrote:

> I've bumped into the Domotiga website before but was put off by
running a thick client (though it does have a web interface that appears to
provide a subset of functionality). My thinking is that it would be best to
have a very robust headless server component (e.g. that could run on a NAS
or SLUG) and a web front-end so that it can be accessed by a wide variety
of devices (PC, O2 Joggler, smartphone, tablet).

> My own challenge is to find some OSS Linux software to control a
multi-zone (7) central heating system using 1-wire (DS18B20s and a
HobbyBoards 8 relay module). I need something that will allow me to easily
set and change a heating zone on/off timetable, as well as to switch the
boiler output (high/low at the moment). I think Mister House with OWFS and
some modifications might be the best candidate, but it doesn't seem to be a
very active project and looks like it will take a bit of learning.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums