RE: Awesome Sim Racing Seat for your Digital Home

To be honest Dave motion platforms are not very good.

I'm a long time simracer and have evolved my setup over the last ten years.
I've tried a couple of the motion platforms and the timing is always off to
the graphics. I know that Williams F1 don't use motion because they don't
feel its good enough yet for their simulator. I also know through a friend
who is an F1 engineer that alot of the things we hear about their
simulators
are hype.

It is possible to fool yourself that you have motion though. A triple
screen
setup with the side screens angled at 135 degrees to the centre screen
using
either iRacing's render 3 screen method of rFactors multiview coupled with
TrackIR setup with yaw off and the other 5 degrees of movement set to 1:1
with no deadzone give you the impression of motion with perfect timing.
People who have tried my setup are completely blown away by the immersion
and impression of motion.

You can use the money you save to buy a set of CST pedals which are so much
better than G25/27 pedals as they have pressure sensitive brakes, not
travel
from a potentiometer.

Happy to discuss offlist if you want.

Just for a little bit of HA though I use xAP to monitor for when my
"race"
PC is on and set the lights accordingly via Homevision and Kevin's C-BUS,
HV
and xAP gateway.

Regards

Gary