Fw: Re: OT : iPhone repair

  • Subject: Fw: Re: OT : iPhone repair
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 07:18:14 +0100

Bought a whole new glassfront, touchscreen unit (which included the
entire=
=20
home button) for =A355 - all replaced and working fine now.

Much better than Apple's =A3150

Haven't done this myself...yet...but...

There are lots of these services on ebay/google - going price is around=20
=A360-80 IIRC.

It is glass btw - and you can also buy a replacemet for =A350 and do it=20
yourself - youtube helps here :-)

The =A3140 apple repair is an entire swapout of everything but the shell=20
cover - so it's really for water damaged, or seriously busted phones.=20
Great price tho - considering you get a warrenty, and it would otherwise=20
be =A3180+ on ebay for one put through the spin cycle.

Dom
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a place to get an iPhone screen repaired. Just=20
> dropped the thing and it's a moasic of cracked glass (assuming it's=20
glass)
>=20
> I think Apple have a fixed =A3150 price but that's a bit rich.
>=20
> :-(
>=20
> tia=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unless stated otherwise above:
number=
=20

> 741598.=20
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6=20
3AU