Re: Re: Central locking for houses

For my door microswitches, I used these:
http://maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=20406

The long paddle is easily bendable and so you can put 2 90degree bends in
it, and slide the microswitch down into the frame with just the paddle
sticking out. The bends mean the lock can get most of the way into the
frame
so there are no alterations needed to the actual mechanism. Worked a treat
for me...

T.

On 24 April 2010 17:56, semi.jons <semi.jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>, Martin Howell
> <martin.howell@...> wrote:
> >
> > I've also had a good look at this, with the objective of locking
the
> > whole house down and setting the alarm using a car-type keyfob.
The
> > wireless keyfob and receiver is kids play, but the rest of it
comes into
> > the category of 'too hard' because -
> >
> <snip>
>
> > I'm leaning more in the direction of having simple microswitches
and
> > indicators on all doors and windows, with a microcontroller to
monitor
> > them all and display the status on a small screen by the front
door -
> > that way, you can see at a glance what's open before you leave
the house
> > or go to bed. It ain't clever, but it will be relatively easy to
do, it
> > won't leave the house unlocked if it goes wrong, and I won't need
> > demolish half the house in the process.
> >

> I'll add my name to the list of people thinking about this and agree
the
> active locking is too complicated for the reasons that Martin and Paul
have
> mentioned around installation and safety.
>
> So when we had uPVC door and windows installed I provided wires for
window
> switches and in addition to a door reed-switch have a wire to the lock
keep
> with the intention of connecting a microswitch of some sort. However
its
> stalled as mounting the switch seemed tricky to allow for the throw of
the
> lock bolt, space in the keep etc.
>
> Could those that have installed micro switches give details of the
devices
> they used and how they mounted them?
>
> Many thanks
> JonS