Re: Re: OT : iPhone repair

Cheers guys, just looked up the apple repair program

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/service/faq/#warranty7

I have dropped my iPhone a couple of times and the screen is cracked and
mu=
te button does not work. The apple replacement deal is perfect!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Apr 2010, at 14:19, "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Haven't done this myself...yet...but...
>=20
> There are lots of these services on ebay/google - going price is
around =
=C2=A360-80 IIRC.
>=20
> It is glass btw - and you can also buy a replacemet for =C2=A350 and
do i=
t yourself - youtube helps here :-)
>=20
> The =C2=A3140 apple repair is an entire swapout of everything but the
she=
ll cover - so it's really for water damaged, or seriously busted phones.
G=
reat price tho - considering you get a warrenty, and it would otherwise be
=
=C2=A3180+ on ebay for one put through the spin cycle.
>=20
> Dom
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:
>>=20
>> Can anyone recommend a place to get an iPhone screen repaired.
Just=20
>> dropped the thing and it's a moasic of cracked glass (assuming
it's glas=
s)
>>=20
>> I think Apple have a fixed =C2=A3150 price but that's a bit rich.
>>=20
>> :-(
>>=20
>> tia=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Unless stated otherwise above:
>> IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
number=
=20
>> 741598.=20
>> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6 3=
AU