Re: Joggler - scope for HA use ?

  • Subject: Re: Joggler - scope for HA use ?
  • From: "simon_haslam" <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:56:24 -0000

This looks pretty useful! I've recently built a kitchen PC with 19"
touchscreen and Ubuntu Netbook Edition & whilst I've been very pleased
with it I wouldn't keep it on all the time (90W). I was wondering what to
use for future HA heating monitoring etc & the Joggler could fit the
bill.

To remove the stand there's a YouTube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMLUIoYQm4

The presenter says the stand is used as a heatsink too (you have to remove
the motherboard to take it off) so that might be a consideration for
wall-mount installations. That lump on the back (plus the rear
power/ethernet cable) would be a bit challenging too for a semi-flush
installation.

Thanks for the info so far.. keep us posted :)

Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums