X10, Cbus, ZWave, Idratek, BBSB?

  • Subject: X10, Cbus, ZWave, Idratek, BBSB?
  • From: "joelr86" <jo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:18:11 -0000

Hi All,
Probably a fairly generic message coming up, but I've found it decent to
fi=
nd any decent comparisons of the above.

My current automation is based upon a couple of 9212 IP powers: http://www.=
automatedhome.co.uk/Reviews/Aviosys-IP-Power-9212-Review.html which I had
j=
ust been using for logging of door entries & PIRs sensors, as well as
turni=
ng on various lights...=20

I'd like to start getting into some proper lighting, and other appliance
au=
tomation and the 9212 isn't really designed for this.

I've been pointed at BBSB for their ease of use, and interesting online
con=
troller, although their lack of hobby type interfaces also it doesn't seem
=
to have many options for inputs either..

I've also got an alarm box, and PIRs/Door relays round this house which
isn=
't being used, and it may be nice to at least be logging the PIR data, or
r=
eplace it completely with a new ethernet/x10/etc enabled control panel.

To run down what I'd like:

=E2=80=A2 A control panel of sorts, whether this is a BBSB style box, or a
=
some software running on a server is fine.

=E2=80=A2 Integration with lighting/appliances.

=E2=80=A2 Integration with old alarm wiring, PIRs, door relays etc.

=E2=80=A2 Integration with external scripts so I can send On/Off, or
Status=
commands to devices from my own scripts.

I think I'm veering towards X10 now, just because of the range of devices
a=
vailable, but basically just asking for any suggestions &
recommendations w=
hat would be most ideal for requirements.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joel