OT-ish: New PC questions

I'm looking to buy a new Dell PC and I have a few questions that I
hope som=
e of you guys can help me with.

1) Dell seem to have started switching the vast majority of their Windows
7=
machines to 64 bit, is 64 bit a 'safe' way to go these days?
2) I'm looking at a quad core, is there any point in spending the extra on
=
one of the new core processors? (The most heavy duty applications that
I'll=
run are Visual Studio and SQL Server).
3) I'm also looking to run some virtual PCs on the machine now and then,
am=
I right to assume that running a 64bit os makes no difference to what virt=
ual machine os I can run?
4) Do most PCs these days come with graphics card which allow dual DVI
moni=
tors? (the machines that I'm looking at have the 512MB ATI=AE Radeon=99 HD
=
4350 graphics card, I've had a look on the website but I still can't tell).
5) Are the Dell monitors a good choice to go with or can you get better
mon=
itors for the price elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Dave