From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Paul Gale
Sent: 18 October 2009 17:28
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Upgrading a raid drive

I've had very good success with Acronis to do similar - it modifies the
partition size on restore to fit the new space.

I don't think you should have any problems as long as the Acronis product
you're using fully supports the OS etc and is up to date.

The RAID bit shouldn't make any difference as long as the restore process
can see the RAID drive i.e. if you're using the Acronis recovery app
(booted
from) can see the RAID drive and free space. This can easily be checked
before you start by booting to the restore app and looking to see if it can
see the drive.

What kind of RAID setup are you using - software (in Windows) or a hardware
controller?

Paul.