Re: Iain Goodhew and the ElectriSave protocol?

  • Subject: Re: Iain Goodhew and the ElectriSave protocol?
  • From: "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:17:19 -0000

You might want to look at the hardware USB receiver provided with the
OWL -=
=A318, IIRC from Tesco etc.

The software is very closed (it doesn't even run in the background or dump
=
periodic record files :-( ), but I'm sure writing your own code to pull
the=
data off shouldn't be too hard - especially once you're real Iain's notes =
on the protocol.

Dom

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Vargster <vargster@...> wrote:

> Iain,
>=20
> My C is pretty so so, but I'd love to have a look at the code, I'm
thinki=
ng
> of implementing it into Arduino based USB/ethernet linked box, which
will
> listen/talk the Bye Bye Standby (BBSB) protocol too. Any pointers on
the
> electrisave will no doubt speed the developement time...
>=20
> Cheers,
> Lee
>=20
>=20
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Iain Goodhew <iain@...> wrote:
>=20
> >

> > Hi Lee,
> > You are correct in that due to the usual slow development in
spare time=
,
> > the unit was effectively obsolete before I got anywhere near
releasing
> > anything. Original discussions on the subject are here
> > http://www.ukha-archive.com/ml/ukhad/2007-jan/msg00662.html
> >
> > I thought I had some more documentation but I fear it's in an old
archi=
ved
> > email from 2007 an no longer easily accessible. If you hunt
arround the=
web
> > I believe there are more details to be found. What's your C
programming
> > skills like as I have the oringinal prototype code and have no
problem =
with
> > sharing it. You might be able to make sense of it, although I
didn't pu=
> > many comments in... doh.
> >
> > Iain

> > Ian,
> >
> > Not sure what happened to the proposed USB receiver for the
ElectriSave
> > units (rendered obsolete by the Current Cost?), but would you be
willin=
g to
> > share the protocol for reading the wireless data from the
ElectriSave