Re: What Freeview box would you buy?

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Subject says it all really, if you were to buy a new freeview box (not
> one with a pvr) - what would you be buying - from a good quality point
> of view (built well , no flimsy remote)?

I've owned well over 10 freeview boxes ranging in price from =A317 to
=A320=
0.

I can't say I've noticed much difference in performance or
reliability.  A =A360 box was the only one to fill the room with smoke
when it died.  Most of the boxes were junked because they couldn't
handle the 'improvements' to the freeview system. (Increased number of
channels, different modulation schemes, etc.).  Only one box
(Echostar) got an over-the-air-software-download to fix a channel
numbering problem and actually made the box usable again.

I've bought two already this year, both chosen for having two SCARTS
and an absence of a TV/RADIO button.  The cheapest didn't have a SCART
cable (I use my own cables anyway so that's not a problem).

Nick.