Re: UPS Recommendation

Hi Andy,

I sent you an email with regard to the thread you started yesterday about a
UPS "sale".

My main machine will be the new server with a Via Nano 1GHz CPU on a
mini-itx board, 2 x 2.5" laptop HDD and 2 x 3.5" WDD Cavier
Green. As this is not currently built I'm not sure how much power it will
use I'm guessing 50W but certainly not more than 100W. This machine is
running HA so should stay up as long as possible (although it now has no
spare PCI slots for plugin card).

My other server is a Quad core with 5 x HDD this consumes around 150W, but
doesn't do anything essential so should shutdown gracefully as soon as
mains power is lost.

I know that doesn't answer your question specifically but can you advise
based on experience and my brief outline?

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy" <andywhitfield2002@...>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Do you know what VA rating you require?
> Or how much power in watts your servers draw?
>
> And how much runtime you need?
>
> 400mm isn't very deep.  Typically the smaller rackmount UPSs are 460mm
/ 18 inches deep.  Plus you need room to plug in the cables at the back.
> I have rackmount and tower UPSs available.
>
> Regards
> Andy the UPS Man.
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul" <paul@> wrote:
> >
> > Well after three and a half years service my Mini-ITX based HA
server is no more. Had a couple of power cuts yesterday afternoon and she
did not recover, no beeps, no monitor output and resetting CMOS had no
effect.

> > So can anyone recommend a relatively cheap UPS preferably
rackmounted (although if they go above 400mm deep that won't be an option).
Would need to control power down on two servers.