Re: Re: UPS Recommendation

I'm using an APC SmartUPS 1500 with net management card (not
rackmounted,
but some of their solutions are, although much more epxensive).
I'm then using apcupsd on a linux monitoring server to capture UPS events
and script all other file servers and my main ESXi virtual server to
shutdown when battery is low.

APC have a good graphical tool on their site to determine the size of UPS
you need based on the attached peripherals - obviously you can use this to
spec the size/power draw requirements and then buy cheaper elsewhere - I do
find that the combination of the trusted APC brand, support, and open
source
software make this an attractive addition to my server cabinet, but
appreciate this might be too expensive a solution.

Cheers,
-Dan

"Paul" <paul@...>