Re: Patch panel, ethernet & phone advice

I have found the patch panels with the rear cable management
much=20=20
easier to use. I found I could 'attach' the cable to the patch panel=20=20
and then do the punch down without having the cable fall off etc.

I have also found a cheaper supplier of the 48 Port 1U patch panels=20=20
=A357 delivered compared to =A395

http://www.minitran.co.uk/pages/products/list.mhtml?ct=3D1&sc=3D2&filter=3D=
Mini5%20Punch%20Down%20UTP%20Cat5e%2048%20Port%20high%20Density%201U

I have used minitran once in the past and found them to be good

Ben

On 22 May 2009, at  07:30, Paul Gale wrote:

> On the telephone front - a lot of us hard wire into the back of
one=20=20
> of the patch panel ports i.e. run a cable from the back of the
BT=20=20
> port where the screw terminals are to the patch panel. Then
simply=20=20
> daisy chain the required number of ports together by connecting=20=20
> brown to brown, blue to blue etc etc etc.
>
> Then you can use standard Cat5e infrastructure wiring and RJ45=20=20
> outlets throughout the house with RJ45 to BT adapters (pretty=20=20
> cheap). You just need to use the correct pair to run the BT line
on=20=20
> (cant remember what it is though off the top of my head but a
google=20=20
> will reveal this).
>
> For patch panels I've used this company recently:
>
> http://www.homestead.co.uk/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=3D51390&onspecial=
offer=3DFalse

> (I bought 5 of the 48 port 1U ultra high density panels which
are=20=20
> very good and pretty cheap compared to the alternatives - the
high=20=20
> density meant I used 5U of space compared to 20U I would have had
to=20=20
> use with the panels they were replacing - a whole cabinet!!!)
>
> Re mounting - you could get one of these:
>
> http://www.homestead.co.uk/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=3D51390&onspecial=
offer=3DFalse

> Paul.

At