Re: Internet enabled central heating controller

  • Subject: Re: Internet enabled central heating controller
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:17:41 -0000

Sorry for the dense question but i'm sure someone on here will be able
to answer this.

What's the difference between a low voltage i.e. 12v and a mains voltage
i.e. 230v programmable thermostat.

On the heatmiser site they have both with similar functions altho only the
low voltage ones have the network capability.

The advice from heatmiser seems to have said that both can accept any feed,
i.e. a low voltage one can accept 230v on two wires instead of three.

Very confused on this one, any help please?!?!?!

Thanks

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Andy Davies <dajdavies@...> wrote:

> They're all so flipping expensive...
>
> 2009/5/21 Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
>
> > How about..
> > http://www.proliphix.com/products-network-basic.htm

> > noel_pilot wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I know the discussion around automated heating systems comes
up but the
> > answers seem to be more geared to full systems with remote
controlled trv's
> > etc.
> > >
> > > I'm just looking for a 'reasonably priced' network
connectable heating