Re: CBus power usage

Can't measure this at the mo. The PC with the CBus toolkit is away
doing other duties, but should be back soon.

The 100W that I am seeing is at the CU not going around the Cbus
cable. I'm guess that the DIN modules themselves are taking the bulk
of the power and only a relatively small amount is going around to the
switches etc.

I did have a play to see if any one specific DIN module as using a lot
of power due to a fault but the usage appears to be well spread across
the system. I guess, as Keith said, it's just the penalty of haven't
an intelligent system.

JB

2009/3/31 Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>:
> Just out of interest what does the current consumption show for your
> network John ? It's shown if you click on the network in Toolkit.
Mine's
> 600ma over 45 units which is 18W. =A0I haven't actually measured the
whol=
> C-Bus draw though which will add in the mains losses.

> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> Wow - that's quite surprising .. =A0I had always thought of the
>> infrastructure consumption as insignificant. =A0100W at just over
30 vol=
ts
>> would be 3A on the C-Bus cabling... . =A0Sounds a lot - I wonder
how muc=
>> is =A0mains level leakage through the dimmers / mains powered
units..
>> I'll have to take a look at the module specs.

>> John Benfield wrote:
>>
>>> I have 12 CBus DIN modules (a range of relays, dimmers, a CNI
and a
>>> PAC) plus 12 or so keypads and a couple of PIRs. This lot,
without any
>>> lights turned on, constantly draws 100w. When spread across
all of
>>> these devices, I guess that per device the power usage isn't
too bad
>>> however ....