Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

RE: CBus power usage

As I think it was Keven who said, a lot of that power could be leakage
through the dimmers. Not having C-bus I don't know if they physically
disconnect the loads when "OFF". If they don't then there will be
a small
amount of leakage through the snubber circuits in the dimmers. If you have
MCBs on the outputs as some people have done, flick them all off to see
what
the consumption of the Cbus kit is without any loads connected.

I know that Lutron in there high end dimmers have triacs that do the
dimming
0-100% but thet there is also a relay that physically breaks the circuit
when OFF as opposed to 0% thereby removign all leakage currents. It also
means that in the event of a triac blowing (the usually fail short circuit
leaving a lamp on) you can still turn the light off.

Keith