RE: HDD Choices

Warranties are fine but be aware that the replacement you get back is
usual=
ly a refurb unit so I tend not to trust them in for important data, and
ten=
d to use them in desktops instead.

Also I would *NEVER EVER EVER* buy a Fujitsu.
I had a friend who's hard drive went in his laptop. He asked me to look at
=
it and when I checked the date of manufacture of the drive it was still
wit=
hin its 3 year warranty,=20

With every other hard drive I've had that needs replacement, its been a
sim=
ple case of going onto the manufacturers website typing in the serial
numbe=
r to confirm its eligibility and then sending the drive off to them. With
F=
ujitsu that isn't the case, they will ONLY deal with the trade and you
must=
return the drive back to the shop who sold it to you !=20

So I told my friend to take it back to PCWorld, who said although their
war=
ranty was 12 months and applied to the laptop as a whole, so wouldn't
honou=
r the hard drive 3 year warranty... although they would "repair"
it for =A3=
70.

Marcus
=20

degrees=20
> +- 1 degree
> > > 2 x Samsung F1 drives running at 26 degrees +- 1 degree
> > > 1 x Hitachi Deskstar 1Tb drive running at 36 degrees
> > > 1 x Seagate 1.5Tb drive running at 32 degrees.
> > >
> > > Phil

periodic=20
> backup, but
> > in