From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Marcus Warrington
Sent: 09 June 2009 10:24
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] HDD Choices

Warranties are fine but be aware that the replacement you get back is
usually a refurb unit so I tend not to trust them in for important data,
an=
tend to use them in desktops instead.

Also I would *NEVER EVER EVER* buy a Fujitsu.
I had a friend who's hard drive went in his laptop. He asked me to look at
it and when I checked the date of manufacture of the drive it was still
within its 3 year warranty,=20

With every other hard drive I've had that needs replacement, its been a
simple case of going onto the manufacturers website typing in the serial
number to confirm its eligibility and then sending the drive off to them.
With Fujitsu that isn't the case, they will ONLY deal with the trade and
yo=
must return the drive back to the shop who sold it to you !=20

So I told my friend to take it back to PCWorld, who said although their
warranty was 12 months and applied to the laptop as a whole, so wouldn't
honour the hard drive 3 year warranty... although they would
"repair" it fo=
=A370.

Marcus
=20

degrees=20
> +- 1 degree
> > > 2 x Samsung F1 drives running at 26 degrees +- 1 degree
> > > 1 x Hitachi Deskstar 1Tb drive running at 36 degrees
> > > 1 x Seagate 1.5Tb drive running at 32 degrees.
> > >
> > > Phil

periodic=20
> backup, but
> > in