From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kenneth Watt
Sent: 29 July 2009 00:32
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] X10 switching of a bathroom fan

On 28 Jul 2009, at 20:04, Pete Church wrote:

> Are you using an X10 switch to signal the on rather than a direct
> link to
> the DIN rail module? To do what you do that is what it implies. That
> would
> be the neatest option I think, and the most controllable as I like
> the idea
> of being able to disable the fan. My technique does not allow that,
> and
> I'm not sure I can use an X10 switch.

I use two DIN rail modules, an AD for the fan as it's a simple on/off
affair and an LD for the lights as I don't want blinded when I need a
waz in the middle of the night, nor do I want a noisy fan belting away
for twenty minutes while I try to get back to sleep. ;)

I'm getting old and grumpy, no defence for it.

It is however the neatest solution I could come up with that allowed
the maximum flexibility in how I wanted it to work and, the beauty of
it is, I can change it to do whatever I please whenever I please
without rewiring the damn thing. It's just a software change via
programming.

If the DIN rail modules are a hassle look at the micro modules which
are positively tiny, Li keeps them on laser.com. A bit more of an
expensive way to do it but where space is tight they're ideal.

HTH

K.