LaserJet 5M Print Quality problem

  • Subject: LaserJet 5M Print Quality problem
  • From: Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:13:40 +0100

Hi all,

My trusty LaserJet 5M is now producing dirty prints i.e. the page is
"stained" with vertical bands of excess toner. The content I'm
printing is fine so it doesn't look like the toner is running out,
just that its a bit messy. I've tried using the special cleaning
sheets but these come out the same as normal paper and the printer
itself is no cleaner. I've also tried cleaning the turquoise roller
inside the toner cartridge but this also makes no difference.

I'm reluctant to spend =A350 on a new toner cartridge if it turns out to
be a problem with the printer, but equally there's nothing (else)
wrong with the printer itself.

The printer only gets very light use, if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim.