Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

Rob

I have kept this on-list for the moment as I hope it will be useful to
others.

Lets say for example I went for one of the 15" touchscreens from you.

I guess I would then interface this to Harmony. I assume this installs
on a central server?

I can also see the various interfaces inculding cbus. How does it link
with cbus?

Is there any interface to Comfort?

Thanks
Ben

On 4 Jan 2009, at  16:54, Rob Iles wrote:

> Somebody mention touchscreens? ;) ;)
>
> I have some beauties going at knock down price right now - 15"
(XP
> Embedded)
> and 8" (Windows CE).
>
> See Here for specs <http://www.domialifestyle.com/15%27%27%20inch.asp>
>
> Additional docs here <http://www.domialifestyle.com/Documentation.asp>
>
> The prices listed on the site are already way below cost price -
> they're end
> of line for me/us - so there is room for a little bit of haggling if
> you
> like the look of them!
>
> (They're designed to be the ultimate UI to Harmony Server - but I'm
> currently customising the image to include a web browser, for a chap
> who
> wants to control his SqueezeCentre through it too).....
>
> Questions / offers *OFFLIST* if you'd be so kind.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob
>
> 2009/1/4 Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@xxxxxxx>
>
> > All
> >
> > As I am suer many of you are aware we have recently moved into a
new
> > house that needs renovation. This has given me the chance to
> automate
> > the house. I have tried to use best of breed in each area where
> > possible and integrate systems as well.
> >
> > I have arrived at the following scheme
> >
> > Lighting : Cbus
> > Alarm : Comfort
> > Heating : Smartfit
> > Temp Monitoing : 1-Wire using HA7Net. This is based on recent
> > discussions.
> > All the media in the house will be supplied from my Mac Mini
Server
> > and Sonos.
> >
> > cbus and Comfort are linked
> > Comfort and Smartfit are linked
> >
> > So I have Lighting, Heating and Alarm integrated. So far Comfort
> will
> > be my main interface so I can use Comfort keypads or the DECT
phones
> > in the house to control things.
> >
> > Now I have added 1-Wire I am starting to think how to integrate
that
> > and make intelligent decisions based on room temperature and also
> > provide temp logging and graphing.
> >
> > There is one area that I don't think I have worked out yet and
> that is
> > the overall control mechanism. I guess ideally I would like a
couple
> > of wireless touch-screens that could display information about
the
> > house and allow me to control various functions.
> >
> > I can see that homeseer could be used as an interface. It has
> plugins
> > for most of my components.
> >
> > Are there any other options I could look at?
> >
> > Ben
> >

> --
> Rob Iles
>
> Harmony - www.domialifestyle.com
> Software Development - www.rob-iles.co.uk/rmidevelopment
>
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/Rob_Iles
> Skype: rob_iles
> 12seconds: http://12seconds.tv/channel/rmi

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109