RE: Re: Universal Remote Control

I've got both a Pronto 9600 and a Harmony One, both of which i've had
for
12-18 months.

The Pronto is everything the One is not, and vice-versa. The Pronto is
ultimately configurable, you can change everything, make it look like you
want it to look and ensure every action is precisely what is needed. If you
have unusual AV devices, it's no problem - just learn the code or discrete.

The One is only configurable so far, making it a bit annoying to set up.
Once it's working it's fine but I spent the best part of 3 months getting
it
working right for my in-laws all house AV system. If you've got any unusual
kit, you'll be lucky to get it working right. I had to buy an IR to RS232
convertor to get a matrix switch working right.

In terms of using the Pronto, it's all in how you set it up. The hard
buttons are good and tactile, but if the stuff in the screen is complex or
hard to understand it may as well be a paper weight.

So basically, my experience is that the Pronto costs 10x more and is 10x
better to set up and use if it's configured well. If you have the cash, get
one and you won't be disappointed. If you don't and can live with the basic
setup and limitations of the Harmony remotes then they work very well. Just
don't expect them to be the same!

Keith