Re: Universal Remote Control

  • Subject: Re: Universal Remote Control
  • From: "Bov" <bov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:50:34 -0000

I went for a Pronto 9600 and the serial+IR base station to connect
everything at node zero. Works a treat. It has a simple database
system for adding components and lots of pretty buttons via the
gallery and online.

Another plus for me was the Javascript (sorry ProntoScript) support -
makes it a very powerfull system if you can code.

You also have the 9400 which is smaller like the old pronto and the
9800 which is a big screen version. There is lots of stuff on
RemoteCentral about all the latest remotes.

Bov.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mwgardner2000" <groups@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Its time to retire my aging B&W Pronto. I've not kept up with the
> latest and greatest in this area, and so am looking for some
guidance
> as to whats the current state of the art :-)
>
> What do you guys recommend? Should I look at the new Philips
Prontos
> (tsu9200/9400) / Prestigos or are Logitech Harmony (895 / One)
> remotes better these days?
>
> My requirements today are basic IR control. I have Xantech kit
> already, so don't really have a need for RF remote, although I'm
> considering Z-Wave / CBUS in the future, so may need RF for that.
>
> TIA, and Happy New Year!
>
> Cheers
> Mark

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109