Re: PDA as a universal remote

Over the years the best PDA remote app I came across was NetRemote -
www.promixis.com
It has scripting language programmability and lots of plugins and works
with
Girder also.
The configurability and programmability means that you could spend forever
integrating it with all the different kits/systems you might want to
control.
As with any remote system you'll never get it to control every bit of kit -
but it gets the closest
I have a web server that responds to ethernet packets sent from netremote
via the lua scripting language and its all rudimentary but I think WiFi is
the way to go with lagacy support for IrDA kIT

2009/1/4 jabberwockpl <jaroslaw.michalak@xxxxxxx>

>   I've been reading the discussion about the Pronto/Harmony remotes
and
> I was wondering - is anyone using a PDA as their universal remote?
>
> It seems that you can pick up a really nice model for half the price
> of the better Harmonies, for example, and it seems that the scope of
> configuration is much wider (as you can use WiFi, IrDA, Bluetooth,
> etc.)...

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109