Re: Universal Remote Control

Hi Mark

I've just purchased a Harmony 895 to replace the 5 remotes in the living
room.

It's simplicity itself to set up via a web based database.

Logitech had all our kit in the database.

The set up is kind of wizard driven and quite easy to use.

SWMBO is still moaning a little but mostly because the buttons are in
different places compared to the old remotes.

If you don't need the Radio capability get the 885 which seems to be the
same as the 895 without the radio.

I looked at the 1000 to but preferred the shape of the 895.

HTH

Regards

Neil

mwgardner2000 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Its time to retire my aging B&W Pronto. I've not kept up with the
> latest and greatest in this area, and so am looking for some guidance
> as to whats the current state of the art :-)
>
> What do you guys recommend? Should I look at the new Philips Prontos
> (tsu9200/9400) / Prestigos or are Logitech Harmony (895 / One)
> remotes better these days?
>
> My requirements today are basic IR control. I have Xantech kit
> already, so don't really have a need for RF remote, although I'm
> considering Z-Wave / CBUS in the future, so may need RF for that.
>
> TIA, and Happy New Year!
>
> Cheers
> Mark

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109