Re: Eee Box PC

Rob,

Copes great with 720p video but it doesn't have the muscle for full 1080p
video - but that's to be expected if you look at it's spec.
Been playing with it today and so far impressed.
The Express Gate is pretty good - boots instantly to a Linux OS frontend
where you can choose a browser (modified FireFox) picture viewer, Skype,
messenger.  One thing that's missing is a media player - that would
probably be the most useful app - hopefully they might add one in the
future.  Nice to be Googling in less than 10 seconds from turning it on.
Connected with my wireless network with no problems. Only downside is there
isn't a widesreen resolution to choose from in Express Gate - I'm sure
they'll do an update though.
Boots into XP if you leave it alone at switch-on or if you click on OS
button in Express Gate.

The box is solid and heavy and only about the size of a router.  It's not
fanless but it's very quiet, almost silent.  Heat kept to a minimum with an
external power supply, and that's small too - not much bigger than a box of
matches.

Comes with a USB keyboard and mouse - very basic, so currently looking for
a decent wireless keyboard with trackpad.  EeeBox doesn't have BT so not
sure what to get at the moment.  Logitech diNovo with BT dongle would be
nice but would cost nearly as much as the PC.

Regards,

Simon