Re: Zone Zero - Rack Depth

  • Subject: Re: Zone Zero - Rack Depth
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:55:54 -0000

The only down side to using a shallow rack is that you find you can't
use standard rackmount server/ server rails etc.

Took me ages to find suitable rails for my shallow rack and they were
much more expensive than the standard sizes. Ditto rackmount server
cases.

Regards
Kevin

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ben McCormack" <yahoogroup@...>
wrote:

> All
>
> I am planning to put in the first of 2 Node Zero racks in the next
couple of weeks. I have
> about 1m headroom so I am looking at 21U Racks.
>
> The only thing I am confused is the depth and shelf size. I have
found a suitable rack that
> is 600mm deep with 450mm deep shelves.
>
> The rack will house the usual Patch Panels, Switches, Mini Mac +
External Drive bay.

> I am going to put the AV Receivers in there. I will prob go for the
Denon receivers with the
> 2nd zone output to run extra speakers. I may also have a
homeseer/Geovision server at
> some point.
>
> My concern is with the overall depth and shelf depth. I don't
really want to go with a 1m
> deep rack as this would be complete overkill but I am not sure the
AV amp at 455mm