Re: Adding CCTV

  • Subject: Re: Adding CCTV
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:36:48 -0000

On the point below, there used to be a xAP/UCM interface written by
Patrick Lidstone and available on his web site still I think.

I tried it out some while back but don't use it now.  The main issue
for me was that I was (and still am) using the ACE Comfort interface.
However, it's not possible to access the serial port with 2 different
progs at the same time so the comfort/xAP interface had to go.

I use ACE this for a number of other things (e.g. Caller id and
others).  However, I do use ACE to pick up Comfort events and then
(with simple scripts) format xAP messages onto the network (e.g. doors
opening, alarms etc) for use elsewhere.  ACE also sends out emails to
me and does other bits!  So it works as a useful bit of 'glue'.  Of
course, I could have probably done much of the same in xAP but I put
in ACE before discovering xAP.  ACE is still available I think but
doesnt seem particularly supported (there is still a note saying a xAP
interface is under development but I think that's 4 years old).

Richard

I don't