RE: [OT] Vista MCE DVD playback

Paul,

Welcome to the world of stereoscopic 3D :)

You might want to consider joining the Photo-3D and the 3DTV yahoo groups.
They are both very friendly and full of helpful information, just like UKHA
:)

> 3D or more correctly stereoscopic TV's are going to be very big

I've been watching 3D TV for years , in fact the older CRT based TV is the
only one I can watch field-sequential encoded TV on, because LCD TV's use
polarisers it means the LCD shutter glasses don't work with them!

> We're just getting into stereoscopic filming

Interested to know what equipment your using and what encoding methods you
use etc i.e. anaglyph , field-sequential, stereo pairs etc.

I use a NuView camcorder attachment to record field-sequential home movies.
Still have about 10 hours worth of family holiday tapes that I need to edit
:) I also shoot 3D photographs using a 1950's realist film camera and
digitally with a pair of SonyP200's. I'm also about to build a stereo rig
around a couple of Canon A570's using the excellent Stereo Data Maker (SDM)
hack (based on CHDK).

> millions of 3D glasses were given away.

Last time they did this, it was simply used the pulfrich effect (one dark
lens, one light lens) rather than true stereoscopic recording. Having said
that , the Pulfrich effect can produce excellent 3D results under the right
circumstances i.e. dollying , panning or rotating around an object.

Regards

Marcus

Many
> millions of 3D glasses were given away.
>
> Paul.

DVI-out
> > to the Analog VGA-in via a DVI-Dsub adapter... the plasma only
has 1
> > HDMI in (occupied), and the PC input is analog VGA...
> >
> > I suppose the "correct" UKHA-ers answer would be to buy
a new plasma
> > with more HDMI inputs.... :-)
> >
> > Paul G.

think it's DVI rather