RE: [OT] Vista MCE DVD playback

Yes - it's a well known problem in nVidia drivers and some others.

I had to buy 4 of those boxes Phil mentions - called a DVI Detective.

In my case, I'm switching 2 LCD screens via DVI between two PC's (and a
couple of great little in-line Aten DVI switches). The graphics card needs
to be connected to the display to read it's EDID info, otherwise you either
get no display when it's switched to it or a low res only display :(

There are a couple of versions of the DVI detective, I went for the std DVI
Detective (not the more expensive plus):

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/gefen-dvi-detective-p-1042.html

No HDMI Detective that I can see but:

http://forum.gefen.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1135

Paul.