RE: Re: Room temperature measuring system

I would say that you can contrive numerous ways to get the display out
the non-techie end user that could be as "nice" as the Oregon
ones.... -
probably not for as low as =A329 each - which is what I recall you
mentione=
the Oregon ones were, - however, with the huge difference in the overall
cost, you could probably get some nice display options about the house for
less outlay..

I believe if you search around, there are now a number of those digital
photo frames that are "connected" and able to display information
from the
web (kind of like the o2 Joggler, - but that is a closed system that
doesn'=
have a browser)

You can also use desktop widgets for wherever you happen to have a PC
display anyway...

There are some music streamers that have an accessible display - the Slim
Devices (now Logitech) Squeezebox comes to mind...

Any low-cost PDA type device that runs any kind of browser - you may have
a=
old one lying around? - I have an old HP iPaq HX4700 for example that I
could (and may well) build in to some kind of enclosure and use as a
displa=
somewhere.. - I'll wager an EBay search would turn up numerous old PDA's
going for reasonable amounts...

I'm sure most everyone in the family has their own mobile phone which most
likely has some form of connectivity?... that could be used as a display
fo=
the information... - not a fantastic end-user experience if they have to
us=
a browser to go & seek it out, - but I'm sure certain fruit-based
phones
could with a little effort be made to display any info you want in an easy
to use manner... - the same may be true of other phones too...

Various dot-matrix / VFD displays are available that just need to connect
t=
a serial or USB port and can then be used to display any info from a PC -
commonly used for Home theatre PC's & Winamp displays etc. - If you
have a
central HA PC, then it would be easy to run a number of these from it &
position them around the house.

Etc. Etc. Etc....

Paul G.