Re: Room temperature measuring system

I did not realize the price difference is so high between wired and
wireless systems... I guess I looked in the wrong places for the wired
ones.

The Oregon sensors were attractive as they provided "normal"
display, which might appeal to my less geeky wife - checking web/computer
display etc. to see the temperature of the room you are in is seen for some
reason, in certain circles at least, as convoluted (yes, I don't get it
either!).

My purposes are rather trivial - it's more about information than control
(the temperature control options in the house are rather limited).
Therefore the slow update and the big steps are not much of an issue...

However, as you've already convinced me about doubling the CAT6 in some of
the rooms, wired option is still left on the table - I guess I will not
have to decide right now.