RE: All-in-one PC/TV

Hmm... I had thought of that, but IME even if its 95% reliable,
Windows will
*always* occasionally fail to wake up properly from a standby mode. I've
had
so many odd things happen to me so many times that I rarely bother to
enable
or use standby modes in windows these days.. I've not seen anything yet to
convince me that W7 is any better in this respect.

Also, part of my plan is also to have a 4-way socket strip that is run off
CBUS relay module, into which will be plugged all the various things that
normally sit on standby and which can quite reasonably be powered down
completely when not needed... - I used to do this with X10, but again, it
wasn't 100% reliable (like CBUS is!), - invariably X10  would power down
OK,
but then not power up again on command. - That gets pretty annoying after
scrabbling around on the floor under the table I can tell you!

Using this, I would automatically power off things like the screen & PC
(the
current PC still draws about 15W even when supposedly turned OFF!). This
would be controlled by Comfort so these "standby devices"
downstairs
automatically get switched fully off at night when we've all gone to bed,
and standby power is restored when the 1st person gets up the following
morning, so that the devices are all there ready & waiting to be used
conveniently by their remotes... - That's the one thing that arses me off
about the green lobby telling me to turn everything off at the wall at
night... firstly its usually bl00dy difficult to get to the mains switch,
and secondly, I can't then use the remote to turn things on in the morning
without getting out of bed... - Isn't automation supposed to rid us of this
"slave to the machine" paradigm? - the greens seem to want us to
it... :-(

Paul G.