Re: Re: KEF Soundlight or Normal Cieling speakers

Paul

Ours is in a 3.5 * 2m main bathroom. I have no issues with the
volume.=20=20
Turn it up when the bath is running thats all. The shower is not=20=20
working yet so I have not tried it with the shower running but I am=20=20
not expecting any issues.

If you are looking for perfect quality sound then I am sure you could=20=20
get better but I think that with the hard surfaces in the bathroom
and=20=20
other noises (Water running etc) the SPC522 has been perfect for our=20=20
needs.

I know a couple of other people on the mailing list also have them
and=20=20
the reports are always good.

Regards
Ben

On 20 Apr 2009, at  15:53, paul_watkin wrote:

> thanks Ben,
>
> how good are these single speakers when placed in a reasonable
sixed=20=20
> room? The ensuite is 4m by 2m and I was worried about them being=20=20
> very directional and thus needing to be turned up pretty loud?
>
> I was assuming I could spread the soundlight speakers out to
make=20=20
> the sound more even in the room, if that makes sense?, are there
any=20=20
> possibilities that would produce an even sound in the room?
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> -- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@...> wrote:
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> I have just fitted one of these in our main bathroom connected
ti=20=20
>> Sonos
>>
>> Russound SPC522
>>
>> It is nice as it does stereo from a single speaker so less
cutouts.

>> Sound quality is good
>>
>> Just checked and looks like it has now been replaced buy this - http://w=
ww.cyberselect.co.uk/product/116

>> http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/116
>>
>> =A383
>>
>> Regards
>> Ben
>>

>> On 17 Apr 2009, at  23:05, paul_watkin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Second part of the Ensuite conundrum is the speakers, I am
really
>>> taken with the look of the Soundlight but has anyone actually
heard
>>> one? I can't find anyone local to me who has one up and
running in a
>>> shop to have a listen.
>>>
>>> Or would I be better off putting in a couple of standard
ceiling
>>> speakers (Ci 160 2QR's are used downstairs) for similar
money??