RE: Logitech Squeeze Box Duet

> Does anyone have a squeeze box duet?

Yep

> Logitech site says it can control an amp, I assume via IR but how
> sophisticated is the control - can it change sources, switch different
> speakers and the like or just simply control volume?

There is no external IR on the duet. The controller (which I don't have
btw) connects to the receiver via wi-fi. Each audio output (analog and
digital) has volume control thus if connected to a power amp you have
control of volume but that's it as far as I know.

> I can't decide whether to get a 2 zone 5.1 amp and connect it to that
> along wih other sources and use for both rooms assuming the Duet can
> cvontrol it or go for a cheap stereo amp that has basic control of
> volume and keep the bedroom sound system separate.
>
> Thoughts / views welcome

The duet is a VERY capable little box IMHO. I actually have it as a
source on my 2 zone amp so it's available in the lounge and kitchen. I
can't comment on the controller as I use http://www.prontosqueeze.com/
on my 9600 it works really well.

HTH

Rob