RE: Re: Basic questions about "video streaming"

If I still had it, yes, but I think I deleted it after I'd finished
and I'm
not at home at the moment to see if I still have it...

I have feck all experience of batch files so they're still a black art to
me
but it was something ridiculously short - like about 5 lines - and I
"wrote"
it by just modifying a batch file that I found on the interweb that did
some
action that I can't remember (and wasn't important to remember) on every
file in a folder.

Anyone who actually knows anything about batch files would probably be able
to write it again in a matter of seconds...

Phil

streaming"

> Phil
>
> Would you be willing to share you little script for batch conversation
> - currently doing the same with my vobs so everything works nice with
> PCH.
>
> Dean
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry Storm

"server" and was
> having trouble with the FireWire drivers "being shite" I
muttered
> something
> about "I'm never re-ripping all these feckin' things ever
again" and
> fully
> intend to stick with that principle...
>
> When I moved over to Windows Home Server and lost the ability to do my
> own
> fettling of exactly where (on which disc) my data was stored I was
> concerned
> that, because I wasn't going to be running Software RAID or having
> folder
> duplication turned on for the movies shares, then if WHS happened to
> put all
> the .IFO files from the folder structures on one drive (quite possible
> if it
> had bits of space to fill up that a big ol' VOB file wouldn't fit
into)
> and
> that drive went down then not only would I lose the movies on that
> drive but
> effectively I'd lose all the movies that the IFO files on that drive
> related
> to. (You see what I mean?)
>
> Anyway - I found a bit of software called "ImgBurn"
> (http://www.imgburn.com/) which can be
used from the command line and
> wrote
> a little wrapper batch file to read the names of each folder on a
drive
> one
> at a time and then call ImgBurn to create an ISO of that folder.
>
> Helpful hint - don't do what I did and be cocky and make your batch
> file
> delete the source folder as it converts and then run it without
testing
> it
> first ... I did that and batch converted my first drive (Movies
> starting
> with 0-9, A or B) but got the command line a bit wrong, converted each
> folder to an ISO that had the same name each time, ended up with a 1Tb
> drive
> with lots and lots of free space and a single file called
> "Moviename.ISO"
> containing a beautifully ISO'd image of "Butterfly Effect 2,
>
> 150(ish) movies into the great bit-bucket in the sky. Still re-ripping
> them
> back again slowly. :-(
>
> > I also agree with AnyDVD - absolutely vital for decrypting dvds.
> > haven't had any problems since switching to this.
>
> Yup - I know you can do it for free with other apps but life is just
> too
> short to spend it fannying about ... AnyDVD and CloneDVD just work!
:-D