Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

  • Subject: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:15:38 -0000

Just the kinda quality expenditure incurring advice I need!! :)

Thanks, you're using comfort for the fan but I assume I can connect
the extractor fan direct to one of the dimmer channels? The
instructions of the dimmers seemed to suggest that although they
warned about the possibility of noise?  This I assume could then use
the logic within the PAC unit to control when the fan comes on.

I am so tempted for the cbus approach, as you said it's a nice first
tester of the tech altho my UKHA mind (and tightness!) is drawn by the
diy approach!!

lots to think about and look at but cheers for the detail

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mike Griffiths" <mike@...> wrote:

> My 2d'worth
> I have a Cbus in the bathroom
> 8x1amp dimmer
http://www.cbus-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=3D21&products_id=3D28
=A348=
5.08
>=20
> 8 button reflection
http://www.cbus-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=3D36_32&products_id=3D57
=A3204.63 say
>=20
> Indoor PIR with movement, light level and IR
http://www.cbus-shop.com/index.php?cPath=3D24
=A3174.32=20
http://www.cbus-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=3D27&products_id=3D45
>  =A3341.06 say (use again when you do the kitchen)
>=20
>=20
> It Rocks
>=20
> If you walk into the bathroom the light is at the right level
> If you are having a bath the lights are focused on the bath
> And if you are having a shower then the shower is bright and
everything else is dim
>=20
> The fan comes on when you enter the bathroom
>=20
> If you walk enter in the middle of the night it is all low level
> If you want to clean the everything is bright
>=20
> HA as it's meant to be
>=20
> OK Comfort turns the fan on (via cbus) but the rest is CBus scenes
intergrated with the Combined sensor (which looks like another GU10)