Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Extending USB over Cat5

Re: Fw: Long HDMI cable or HMDI-over-Cat5 extender?

Thanks Gareth.

Do you get 1080p over this cable? Do you have a part number please?

I was looking at the "tech wires CR" 10m cable, p/n AV13146 at
www.cpc.co.uk which is =A360, the 15m version is =A382, and I probably
really need a 12m cable...

Cheers,

Tim.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I ditched all the HDMI over CAT5 extenders and went to a fixed cable -
> HDMI is a nasty thing to work with and the extenders didnt help
matters.

> CPC - Im using 15m HDMi cables that cost =A317. It was worth the
hassle o=
> installing.
>

> Subject line says it all really...
> It's the choice between a 10m HDMI cable at ~=A360 which would be just
> about long enough, or one of the lower-priced HDMI cat5 extenders
> featured on Automated Home over the past few months. The extenders
> retail at =A365-=A385 so will be closer to =A3100 when two short HDMI
cab=
les
> are included as well.
>
> It's going to connect between a Sony 40" 1080p LCD and a
(probably)