Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

Re: Long HDMI cable or HMDI-over-Cat5 extender?

Thanks Bro.

I'd be really interested to read that article as info on the mfr &
seller websites indicates that it still might be possible.

I was looking at the tech link wires CR cable, and they say
(http://tinyurl.com/4ky2ew):
"We have tested Wires cables up to 15m (and up to 50m when used with
the Wires Repeater) with a 1080p source and got a perfect picture."
and also:
"However, the quality is ultimately source equipment dependent - we
have designed the cable to handle 1080p and 99.9% of all the source
equipment we have tested so far has worked fault"

Putting in the Cat5 extenders will be a bit of a faff as there's
limited space behind the screen, and the receiver needs a power supply
too :-(

I have to chase the wall regardless, so there's no installation time
benefit by using cat5.

Cheers,

Tim.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 8:02 PM, brougham Baker
<bro-yahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: "Tim Hawes" <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx>
> It's the choice between a 10m HDMI cable at ~=A360 It's going to
connect
> between a Sony 40" 1080p LCD and a (probably) Denon AVR-1909.
> Any thoughts/comments?
>
> A month or so back, which is why I can't remember where i read it,
there =
was
> a test of HDMI cables. The conclusion was everything they could buy
passe=
> it's test spec at 1m. Regardless of cost they couldn't get anything
that =
met