RE: best HD media player to replace xbmc

Cool. Thanks James, - I wasn't aware of that, - I *had* seen some info
online about upgrading the HDD with softmod only, but when I read it, it
sounded like way too much hassle.

I still have a couple of XBOXes sitting around here, and I also have all
the bits necessary to do the softmod, (on loan for about the last 2
years from another UKHAer!) - just need to find the time & get around
doing it..

I Was hoping to get about 250GB in it if poss. - that's enough for as
much audio & video as is ever likely to be needed, - if I recompress
movies down to about 2GB each I'd easily get over a hundred on there....
Plus I happen to have 3 or 4 250GB IDE disks floating around spare.

Do you have any links to any instructions for the process so I can
revisit the idea and get a feel for what the process entails? I wouldn't
describe myself as a hardcore modder, but I managed to mod quite a few
TiVos in my time, and never had a single problem with any of those
upgrades. The XBOX modchips have been an entirely different story
though, and I just don't want to bother with them any more.

Paul G.