From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx on behalf of Paul Gordon
Sent: Mon 22/09/2008 11:24
To: UKHA Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] best HD media player to replace xbmc

Hmm... - nice looking unit, - but as you say, possibly a little expensive
f=
or something that will only be used for a few weeks a year...

This is the cheapo one I already bought to play with... http://www.maplin.c=
o.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D97124 <http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu=
leNo=3D97124>  - It would possibly be OK if I re-encoded movies to a
single=
file, but even then, the interface just browsing the folder structure stil=
l isn't great.

There are loads of other ones to choose from, but the trick is knowing if
a=
ny of them fit the requirements... - I didn't mind having a punt on
somethi=
ng that's only =A340, but some of these other ones are in the
=A3100-=A3150=
range, and that's a bit pricey to buy just to experiment with....

E.G.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D221816
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D221862
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D221173
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D222335
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140316
<http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140316>
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D725603
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D700959
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D845596
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D775177
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D777982
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D665900
<http://www.scan.c=
o.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=3D665900>

Just to mention a few....

Paul G.