From: Tim Hawes
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] http://www.tvcatchup.com/

You could try sanding the surface of the melamine board first,
although it would now mean sanding off all your paint and trying
again...

I fear that adding varnish over the top would just add to the problem,
rather than fix it :-/

There's probably a specific undercoat/primer for this stuff too - like
there is for painting onto ceramic tiles, but I cant say I've actually
seen it...

Good luck,

Tim.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Chris Husted <quarksoup3@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Could anyone send me an invite to be a beta tester to this online pvr?
>
> Also does anyone have any ideas on how to get paint to stick to to a
slick finish melenite board. I was trying to paint it to make a book case
out of wood I had without buying more wood and its been a nightmare of
peeling paint. More like brush off paint. I'm going to try and put varnish
on the paint tomorrow but I don't have a whole lot of hope.