Lantronix MSS100 Serial Server

  • Subject: Lantronix MSS100 Serial Server
  • From: Marc Fuller <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:05:17 +0100

Hey Guys,

I seem to remember a few on this list had these devices. Mine has been
running perfectly for a few years now but has suddenly started playing
up. Maybe someone here had a similar problem? I also believe Laser
(where I bought it from) are on this list and may have an idea?

Basically it is crashing 2 to 3 times a day. It'll work perfectly
between crashes, but then will just stop responding. No ping will get
through to it and the http interface is dead. Other network devices on
the same switch are fine so I'm sure it's not a Ethernet issue.

The only way to get it back online is to physically turn it off and on
again. Then it goes back to functioning correctly until the next crash.

It's running Version V3.6/9(030114) Firmware and is being used by
Homeseer for a remote CM12.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

Marc