Re: [OT] Office X-serve vs windows standard server 2008

I still care!!!

It is my money!

We still have to buy the products. I just want to be aware of the
limitations if any or perhaps advantageous of one system over another.

I've been duped in the past and forked out for a system that severely
let me down.

I think both provide the service we require, but surely one must be
better or offer us something that the other cannot.

Ho-Yin

2008/10/17 Paul Gordon <paul@xxxxxxx>:
> Hmm... in that case, aren't you going be paying for SERVICES rather
than
> PRODUCTS? - If it's all outsourced, do you actually care what it runs
on,
> provided you stipulate your requirements to the solution provider, and
they
> meet them?....
>
> E.G: if you state your requirements to be:
>
> Identity management for your 45 users
> Access control & authentication
> Private storage allocation for each user (home directories)
> Shared storage between all users
> MAPI based email supporting Outlook clients
> Collaboration between users (calendar sharing, free/busy info etc)
> Shared printing facilities
> Policy-based management of the workstations
> .
> .
> .
> etc...
>
> And the man from DelMonte, he say "yes", - and it fits your
SLA
> requirements, and budget, then do you (or should you) care (or even
know)
> what the underlying platforms are?
>
> Paul G.

provides a
>>> lower total cost of ownership when compared to MS server and
provides
>>> similar services and will integrate seamlessly with the
exchange