RE: [OT] Office X-serve vs windows standard server 2008

Hmm... in that case, aren't you going be paying for SERVICES rather
than PRODUCTS? - If it's all outsourced, do you actually care what it runs
on, provided you stipulate your requirements to the solution provider, and
they meet them?....

E.G: if you state your requirements to be:

Identity management for your 45 users
Access control & authentication
Private storage allocation for each user (home directories)
Shared storage between all users
MAPI based email supporting Outlook clients
Collaboration between users (calendar sharing, free/busy info etc)
Shared printing facilities
Policy-based management of the workstations
.
.
.
etc...

And the man from DelMonte, he say "yes", - and it fits your SLA
requirements, and budget, then do you (or should you) care (or even know)
what the underlying platforms are?

Paul G.