RE: Re: Room occupancy detection and door opening/closing - 1-wire or wireless solution?

Hi,

I actually made my own power supply distribution. This is basically a
regulated 12VDC supply that is fused as well as having a DS2406 to switch
the outgoing +12V rail.

So when the HA software starts up, it first looks for the output on the
power supply, finds this and then turns on the supply for all of the PIR's
etc.

But, you could just use a basic plug pack for the supply.

DS2406,DS2407 are pretty much the same thing. I actually use DS2406 in some
modules I make, these have an input for interfacing to a PIR and a relay
output for switching the light.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

_____